For those who are working in military service, it is quite common for them to move from one place to another during their tenure. Most military families move every 2 to 3 years on average.
In the post, let us discuss how you can manage your move better when you have PCS orders. When moving with your car, you need to hire a reputed military car shipping company. Ship a Car, Inc. is a popular name in the industry and has many satisfied customers. You could visit their website and learn more about their other transport services as well.
The following are a few reasons why SAC, inc. services are always preferred by military personnel.
- Saves time without any hassles
- Offers discounts for military members
- Specialized military vehicles are available with them
- Safely delivers the vehicle
- No extra travel expenditures
When you get PCS move orders, then you have 2 options:
1. Move with any military-approved moving company
The following are the pros and cons of this option:
- All the packing/loading will be done by professional packers
- On arrival, another team will unload/unpack, and assemble your furniture
- You need not do any heavy lifting
- Everything is insured and the claim process, if anything is damaged, is also simple.
- They have a schedule that may not work with you.
- There will be loading and unloading several times and hence your items are more likely to get damaged.
- During the current pandemic situation, more and more people touching and handling your stuff is not safe
2. Personally procured move
Here you will be responsible for packing all your stuff. The following are the pros and cons of this option:
- All the costs born by you will be reimbursed
- The rate of reimbursement will be based on ranks
- With the proper planning, you can get more money on your hands than what you spent.
- You have more control and not many people handling or touching your kinds of stuff
- You need to do a lot of work.
- If your packing is not of professional-grade, then there can be more damage during transportation.
Most military families prefer the second option, as there is always more chance to pocket a few extra dollars while moving.
Below mentioned are some of the things that you need to take care of:
- Do proper research about packing
To do better packing of your stuff, update yourself by doing research.
- Start packing well in advance
Be proactive and start packing much earlier.
- Make a proper listing of each package
Make a list of items packed in each box so that it will be easy to trace back.
- Save all your receipts
Whatever you spend for any services, you must have a proper receipt for getting reimbursed.
Last, but not least, always ensure that you choose an experienced and professional moving company, whether it is your car or other household belongings.